You can create a quiz anywhere in your topic or article with the QUIZ element. This element is very similar to polls - you set a question and provide 2-10 answers, indicating which answers are correct.
You can then provide feedback to be shown to the explorer after their submission. This includes the option to leave separate feedback for correct or incorrect submissions (or just leave generic feedback to be shown either way).
Let's review some of the options for quizzes.
Option - Templates
At the top of the Quiz element are a number of templates to inspire or accelerate your quiz creation. When you select a template, we populate an example question and answers (and a few settings). Selecting a template will overwrite any existing quiz.
Option - Explorers must select X answers
By default, explorers can select as many answers as they like. However, creators can select an option for each quiz which requires explorers to enter answers equal to the correct number of answers.
- If you want your explorers to be uncertain about the number of correct answers, then leave the quiz in its default 'many' answer mode.
- If you want to avoid your explorers entering fewer or greater answers than they should, then enable the specific number of answers option. For example, in a True/False question, it would be useful to enable this option, to ensure explorers only enter a single response.
- If you have a 'Select the 3 correct answers' style question, then enabling this option will require explorers to select exactly 3 correct answers.
Option - Explorers must correctly answer the quiz
If you enable this option, then explorers will need to retry a quiz which they get incorrect. This option only works for quizzes using within a topic (not when a quiz is used in an Assessment - see below).
When this option is enabled and the submission is incorrect:
- Explorers will see an incorrect message and a 'Try again' button to reset the quiz.
- Explorers will see the 'Incorrect feedback' message, if that option has also been enabled. Otherwise, they will not see any feedback (to avoid giving away the answer).
Option - Quizzes with images
You can also add an image to your quiz by checking the related option below your quiz question. You can then upload an image or import an image from our library, which will be displayed between your quiz question and the answers. You can also use the Image Editor to edit your image - crop it, add notes or change the filter.
Option - Setting quizzes for assessments (Topics only)
Selecting quizzes for the assessment
If your topic has enabled the assessment module, you will see an extra option in the Quiz regarding where the quiz should be displayed. When you create a quiz you can display it:
- in the topic at that point
- in the assessment module at the end of topic
- or in both locations (so it is asked first as the explorer completes the topic and then asked again at the end during the assessment module). This option allows you to re-use important quizzes to reinforce content in the topic and again in the assessment.
Creating the minimum number of assessment quizzes
If assessments are enabled, you will also have to create a minimum number of quizzes which are toggled for display in the assessment. You can always ask Sage if your topic is ready to publish and you will find out if you have created enough quizzes.
You can create more quizzes than the minimum required for the assessment too. If you have extra quizzes, the platform treats them like a question pool and will draw random quizzes from the pool for each explorer.