Each topic, article and pathway in Tribal Habit can have a Certified Date assigned to it. You can learn more about Certified Dates in this article, but essentially they assign a future date to an enrolment when it is conquered. That future date represents the period for which the explorer is 'certified' in that topic, article or pathway.
In the same Settings tab and Certification panel, there is also an option to enable automatic re-certification. Re-certification is a process which triggers an automated 'retake knowledge' enrolment when an explorer gets within a specified number of days of their certification expiring.
As an example, lets say you have a topic which has a certified date of 365 days after conquering and a 14 day re-certification period. The timeline for that explorer would be:
- The explorer is enrolled in the topic.
- The explorer conquers the topic. Let's say this is on the 1st February 2021.
- The explorer is given a certified date of the date of conquering + 365 days. So this would be 1st February 2022.
- When the current date is 14 days from that explorer's certified date, a 'retake knowledge' enrolment is triggered for that explorer. So that would be 14th January 2022 in this case.
- The explorer would then be assigned a new current enrolment, with new notifications and due dates. Their previous enrolment would be retained and marked as lapsed (with all their data and training history retained).
- The explorer conquers the topic again and the process repeats.
How do I enable re-certification?
In the Settings Tab and Certification panel for any topic, article or pathway, there is an option called Re-certification. Once enabled, you can select how many days before the certified date that the explorer would be re-enrolled.
Typically, your re-certification days would be similar to the initial due date (giving the explorer the same period of time to conquer the topic.
IMPORTANT - Re-certification will only trigger for explorers who have (a) conquered the relevant knowledge and (b) have a certified date for their current enrolment.
Explorers who never conquer the knowledge, or did so before a certified date was applied, will not trigger recertification. You would need to (a) set their current enrolment to conquered and (b) assign a certified date to their enrolments.
What happens when re-certification is triggered?
A re-certification enrolment is the same as 'retake knowledge'.
- The existing enrolment is marked as lapsed and its history and data is retained.
- A new enrolment is created and marked as current.
- Any existing due date, certified date and notifications will be triggered.
- The explorer will see the new enrolment on their dashboard, but will no longer be able to access the old enrolment (although it will remain as part of their training history).
How can I prevent re-certification for individual explorers?
First, any explorer who is deactivated is automatically removed from re-certification.
Second, you can manually remove selected explorers from re-certification by viewing the Explorers tab of any topic, article or pathway. If re-certification is enabled in that pathway, you will see a 'Re-certify' column with Yes/No options for each explorer. You can then select explorers using the checkboxes in that table and use the bulk actions to Allow or Prevent recertification above the table.