When in comes to grouping topics and articles together, a popular feature in Tribal Habits are Pathways. Pathways 'wrap' a set of topics or articles into a single enrolment. You can then allow explorers to access all the topics or articles in that pathway at once, or in a fixed order (topic 2 is accessible once topic 1 is completed, and so on).
Another way to link topics, articles and pathways together is with our 'Next Enrolment' or 'Next Certification' features.
Every topic, article and pathway in Tribal Habits has a Next Enrolment option. This can be found in the Admin area, when viewing the selected knowledge. Go to the Settings tab and the Timing panel.
Next Enrolment is disabled by default. It can be enabled and then another topic, article or pathway can be selected. When the explorer completes the first piece of knowledge, they will be automatically enrolled in the selected topic, article or pathway.
This process 'daisy-chains' training together, only releasing each piece of knowledge as the prior one is completed.
Every topic, article and pathways in Tribal Habits also has a Next Certification option. This option can also be found on the Settings tab but in the Certification panel. Similar to Next Enrolment, Next Certification triggers a new enrolment for an explorer.
However, for Next Certification, the trigger is the re-certification date for the given topic, article or pathway. You can learn more about Certification processes in this article.
Here's how the Next Certification process works.
- Enable a Certified date for your topic, article or pathway. Say, 365 days from when the explorer completes the topic.
- Enable Re-Certification for that topic, article or pathway. Say, 30 days before the Certified Date for each explorer.
- Then enable Next Certification and select 'Enrol in other knowledge' and select a different topic, article or pathway.
Now, after an explorer completes the topic, article or pathway, they will be set a certified date for today plus 365 days. Then in 335 days (30 days before the certified date), the explorer will be enrolled in the OTHER topic, article or pathway.
NB: A Next Certificate enrolment is a 'retake' enrolment, so it will cause a new enrolment even if the explorer has already completed the training.
Next Certification is a great way to transfer explorers between new topics, articles or pathways over the years.
- For example, you may have enrolled explorers into a Pathway of compliance training for 2021. You might then create a new pathway of different training for 2022. Next Certification would allow you to move explorers into the 2022 pathway when their certification expires.
- Alternatively, you may have a topic for initial product knowledge, which is long and thorough - explaining all aspects of that product knowledge. Each year may create a product knowledge 'update' article, which is short and focuses only on new information about that product. You could use Next Certification to roll explorers who have completed the initial product knowledge topic into the shorter 'update/refresher' article after their certification expires.