How do I make someone a manager of another user?
All users in Tribal Habits have optional 'Manager's email' fields as part of their user profile. Each user can have up to five Manager emails assigned to them.
When a manager's email is entered into one of those field, it creates a manager relationship between those two users.
- The selected user is the employee or team member.
- The user in any of the manager email fields is the manager or team leader.
Once a user has an assigned manager (or managers), the manager/team leader can then be notified about various events for their employee/team member via the notifications engine in each topic, article and pathway. Each of their five manager emails can be managed individually for all notifications.
Manager emails can be assigned (or changed) via the Upload People function as well.
Does someone's manager/team leader also need to be a user in Tribal Habits?
No. The required field is just an email field. This means the manager or team leader can be someone outside of your Tribal Habits portal. That person can still receive notifications from the system (and does not count as an active user towards your subscription).
HOWEVER...if the manager/team leader IS also a user your Tribal Habits portal - with the EXACT same email address in their user profile - then a 'team' is automatically formed for that person and they become a Team Leader within your portal. All users which have that manager's email address will form part of person's team.
How can I see a list of all my Team Leaders?
Once a user has at least one other user in their team, we automatically make them a Team Leader. You will see the Team Leader column (with Yes/No for each user) in various data downloads.
In addition, Admins can filter for their Team Leaders using various filter panels within the admin portal. When Admins view a user profile who is a Team Leader, Admins will see a Team tab for that person to review their current team.
When a Team Leader is no longer the manager of any other active users in your portal, we will automatically remove their Team Leader status.
What can Team Leaders do?
Users who are Team Leaders can then view their Team from their dashboard.
- Team Leaders will see a 'Team' link on their dashboard.
- The Team page will list their team members with a summary of their current training enrolments, status and current year training history.
- Team Leaders can select any team members and view that person's profile. This will show their Team Leader how that person is progressing with their topics and articles, their user details and their full training records.
- Team Leaders can also view the 'teams of their team members'.
- Team Leaders can also subscribe to a monthly or fortnightly email report about their team.
Team Leaders can also enrol team members into training.
- Team Leaders can enrol their team into new topics, articles and pathways from the Team page. Team Leaders can select members of their team using the checkboxes beside each team member. Then select the 'Enrol in knowledge' action above the team list.
- This will bring up a box with all the knowledge (topics, articles and pathways) available for manager enrolments. Your portal admins will determine which knowledge is available for these Team Leader enrolments.
- Finally, after you select from the available list of knowledge, you can also optionally send an enrolment email to each person for each item of knowledge. Some knowledge will have enrolment emails enabled by default, but this option can ensure that enrolment emails are sent regardless of the individual settings on each topic, article and pathway.